Jonathan Richards, St Georges College, Mounts Bay Rd, Crawley, WA 6009, AUSTRALIA. jonnyarichards@googlemail.com 0423685084 0061 89449 5583

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Farewell base camp

Since Nov 25 I have been based in Sydney & have travlled in & out of there many times. Tonight I leave, never to return! I'm taking the overnight Greyhound to Melbourne where I will stay with family for 2 weeks. The plan is to do a little work to gain some $, & also see some of what Melbourne & Victoria has to offer the world. It should be a good few weeks.

I spent Christmas with a great family in Sydney. We had a fairly traditional roast, but ate it sitting by the pool in the sun - a little different to home (unless you are a certain South African family I know!). For New Year I stayed with Joey and we went to a party in a flat with a very cool view over Sydney, the Harbour Bridge, & the spectacular fireworks. This week I laboured for a few days at a Bible College, helping out with some landscaping, renovation and lawn-mowing. It was good to do some physical labour for a few days, especially as it wasn't worth watching the dismal death of English cricket in the SCG final Ashes test. Finally, the Aussie smugness may recede - though its unlikely. The last couple of days have been very cool. I've been staying with a guy I met at NTE in Nov. It has been good to hang out with him, meet some of his mates, and unexpectedly catch up with others I met at the conference. Now, to a new place & new people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello hello

not been on here for a while, just updated myself on your whereabouts... sounds like you're having a swell time :-) will send you an email sometime soon :-) xx