Jonathan Richards, St Georges College, Mounts Bay Rd, Crawley, WA 6009, AUSTRALIA. jonnyarichards@googlemail.com 0423685084 0061 89449 5583

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Room with a view

At last, I have managed to upload pictures. So first off, a couple of pictures of the view out of my window from my new room in college.



As you can see, its not a bad view of the Swan River. The other good thing about this new room is the access it potentially gives me to a spiral staircase leading to the roof of the tower of college. From there, the view is better & many a sunny afternoon or starry night may be enjoyed in the tranquility of being a few storeys above the hustle & bustle of college below... if only I can devise a way to get hold of those keys. Hmmmm.

The slight down side of my room is that there is no air conditioning, & with the heat like it is at the times it can be a little uncomfortable. However, much of the last week has been fairly overcast & even stormy. On my first day living in the tower there was the most electric & threatening thunderstorm I have ever been in. It included three full strikes to the lightening conductor on the top of tower which zapped around my room as if someone had let off a firework just outside my window. It was a crazy experience, but very cool.

Lectures began this week - seems like some of what I'm studying could be quite interesting... I hope! I managed to wangle a handy timetable with Mondays & Fridays off. I'm trying to fill that time with useful things, but it will also be useful when the assignment deadlines lurk. Generally, it is good to be back around college, at uni, & catching up with people at church. I've remembered again just how inconsistent the surf in WA is after surfing a beautiful break for a few days in NZ, but the weather is generally very good so being at the beach is awesome.

I will endeavour to upload a pictoral version of my time here so far in my next post with my new found skills.... we'll see how successful it is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking good wemac xx